Outschool is an online teaching marketplace that recruits teachers from the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, and Wales. Teacher satisfaction is high, there are no formal qualifications required, and practically any subject can be taught, however, bookings for more generic courses can be difficult to come by.
Advantages And Disadvantages of Outschool
- Can teach almost anything (subject to approval)
- There is no requirement for a teaching credential or a degree.
- There will be no interview.
- The length of the class is chosen by the teacher.
- If several students join up for the same class, the pay rate could be quite expensive.
- Teacher satisfaction is reflected in the high reviews on Glassdoor.
- Must live in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, or Wales full-time.
- Outschool keeps 30% of earnings as a commission.
- Due to a crowded market, reservations on popular topics are tough to come by.
- There are no adult classes because the students are all children.
- Some teachers will appreciate the freedom to design their curriculum, while others may choose to work with organizations that do so.
Is Outschool A Legitimate School And What Does It Teach?
Outschool is a reputable online teacher marketplace that was established in 2015. The Outschool headquarters are in San Francisco, California, and they teach over 1 million children aged 3 to 18 years old from pre-kindergarten to high school all around the world.
Outschool teaching isn’t limited to English/ESL or other languages, and sessions can be conducted on any topic you’re interested in and have experience with. As a result, teachers create all curriculum and lesson materials.
How Long Do Outschool Classes Last?
Outschool classes don’t have to be a certain length; they can be as short or as long as you want them to be.
Are Outschool Classes Taped?
Teachers can assess and improve their Outschool tutoring, and parents can check on their children’s development. Classes are also recorded for teacher coaching, customer assistance, and compliance requirements.
Outschool Pay: How Much Does It Pay?
The Outschool wage is established by what the teachers want to charge for their classes as a marketplace. Set your Outschool teacher pay rate for each learner at roughly $10-15 per hour, according to the firm. However, because numerous students may sign up for a session, the average Outschool instructor income turns out to be substantially higher (according to the corporation), at $50 per hour. Remember that the firm deducts a 30% charge on any Outschool earnings as a marketplace.
On Outschool, How Do You Get Paid?
Outschool teachers are reimbursed via PayPal, after counting their linked email address to their teacher profile under payout email.
Cancellation Policy For Outschool Activities
The affected learner(s) are entitled to a reimbursement if an Outschool teacher cancels, misses, is late, or shortens a class meeting.
No-Show Policy at Outschool
If a student fails to attend a class meeting, they are not entitled to a reimbursement. If a learner misses three consecutive lessons without informing the teacher, the learner forfeits the class fee and may be withdrawn.
Requirements For Outschool
There are no formal qualifications or teaching credentials required of Outschool teachers, however, you must:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in outschool.
- Reside in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, or Wales full-time but not another UK country currently.
- Meet Outschool’s community standards, which include fast, professional communication with families and staff. Have one or more areas of knowledge or passion on which you will build your classes.
- Outschool’s class content guideline, which stipulates that classes are secular and objective, must be followed.
- Make sure you’re who you say you are and pass a criminal background check.
Technical Requirements For Outschool
- A computer with Zoom video conferencing software was installed.
- A fast and dependable internet connection with upload and download speeds of over 3Mbps.
- Technical know-how to run online classes efficiently
How To Become A Educator At Outschool
The Outschool application process has these basic steps:
- Get to know the organization and finish the application
- Outschool 101 is a course that teaches you how to
- Verify your identification before applying to teach.
- Finish your background investigation
- Complete the pieces of training on the Class Content Policy as well as the Safety and Privacy Policies
- Complete your public profile as a teacher
- Make a list of your first class.
- You must first create an account using your email address and password, or log in with your Facebook, Google, or Apple ID to apply for Outschool jobs
- In the Teaching Dashboard menu, select apply
- After that, you must answer the following Outschool application questions and agree to the following terms of service
- Find out more about Outschool.
- ‘Outschool 101’ is a 5-minute overview
- Complete the following sections of your application:
- Name of public school teacher Legal name Email address Phone number and Location
- List any teaching or dealing with youth experience you have, whether professional, volunteer, or personal. Provide details about your experience working with adolescents, the subjects you’ve taught, and the ages of the students you’ve worked with.
- List any relevant academic degrees, teaching credentials, professional training, or other professional certifications you have.
- A professional website, Facebook page, or LinkedIn profile where you may describe your skills and experience would be best.
Bring In Class Ideas That Are Unique And Creative To Get Selected!
- Have experience working with young learners or are eager to learn to Have expertise in their subject and are willing to share their knowledge and passion
- Have great communication skills in writing
- Are prepared to deliver outstanding customer service to Outschool students and their families
- Are you a permanent resident of the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or Wales?
- It will take a few days for you to hear back from Outschool about your application.
- You have three chances to apply for Outschool teaching employment if you are unsuccessful the first time
Teacher Reviews Of Outschool
According to the Outschool Glassdoor website, the company has a 4.6 out of 5 average ratings, with 86 percent of employees eager to suggest them to a friend, which is a notable high number given that it is based on a large sample of 85 evaluations. Even more impressive is the fact that Outschool job reviews are all 4 or 5 stars, with only one 2-star review and four 3-star ones.
The independence and flexibility to determine your fees, schedule and class sizes for whatever subject you wish are summarised below as the benefits of teaching with Outschool.
Outschool’s inclination to favor parents over teachers, as well as problems getting some classes, approved, all contribute to a 30% commission rate.
Outschool is one of the more enticing teacher marketplaces, with excellent instructor satisfaction scores, a simple application procedure, and a wide range of topics available on the platform.
While the 30% commission rate is high, it is comparable to what some competitors charge and can be countered if you are able and willing to enroll numerous students in a class. However, obtaining sufficient bookings by simply giving general ESL is challenging, therefore you must be able to build a distinct specialty or approach to your classes.